|| Branch Supervisor
||Tuesday 13th February 2018
||Operations & Quality & Performance Manager
||Customer Service Advisors
|Hours of Work:
||Monday to Friday 09:00-17:15
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To work within the sales department, assisting in the management of a department team.
- To support and direct the department’s work load by the effective delegation of tasks.
- To support their sales staff in achieving the department’s key performance indicators and the company’s business goals.
- To constantly consider ways to improve the Personal Lines service and identify departmental business opportunities.
- To manage the daily HR of the branch team.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to A level standard, with Maths and English at GCSE.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of insurance products and the insurance market.
- Thorough understanding of Personal Lines quote systems and products.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and telephone monitoring equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate the achievement of goals through the management and leadership of a team.
- Ability to prioritise their own workload as well as that of others, to work on their own initiative and to identify improvements on an ongoing basis.
- A responsible attitude towards the handling of information, including the ability to collect, analyse and summarise information.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including report writing.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify information required in order to make appropriate and effective decisions under pressure.
- Coaching and mentoring skills to develop team members.
- Act in an honest and open manner at all times with both the customer and the firm in all matters.
- Have a customer focused approach.
- Ensure that business transactions are conducted in a way that is clear and straightforward.
- Act with integrity by demonstrating fairness and impartiality.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To effectively prioritise and maintain own portfolio of sales leads from incoming calls and enquiries.
- To manage a departmental team, maintaining team morale, motivation and appropriate standards of ethical behaviour, whilst maintaining workflow, targets and team development.
- To plan and maintain customer service levels by the management of effective staffing, including the supervision of overtime, recruitment and selection, holiday allocation and departmental training.
- To identify team training needs for the effective and timely development of the team in product knowledge and service skills.
- To direct the achievement of the departmental key performance indicators and sales targets as directed by the Sales Manager.
- To carry out audits on incoming calls and enquiries to monitor response times and the accuracy of information provided.
- To ensure the maintenance of customer records accurately and securely, in accordance with the firm’s own record keeping requirements and following data protection rules.
- Actively seek feedback from customers and respond appropriately to feedback received.
- Identify trends and remedy any recurring or systemic problems.
- To identify, seek to mitigate and respond appropriately to any conflicts of interest which may arise.
- To supervise departmental compliance at all times with the requirements of the firm’s own procedures, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and FCA regulations.
- To contribute to, and follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- To maintain professional competence by ensuring the department complies at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- To identify business and performance improvement opportunities for the department.
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
SPECIFIC KEY TASKS & TARGETS:
- Daily cashbooks
- Management of:
o Overdue Transactions
- Staff attendance reporting
- Monitoring daily sales activities
- All current Customer Service Adviser Duties, as required to support the team.
- Driving forward a positive sales team
- Supporting Community Initiatives
- Implementing company-wide change at branch level
- Keeping staff informed & involved with all developments
- Influencing company-wide processes and procedures
- Audit & Performance feedback